Sunday 17 March 2013

Storage Ideas for Toddlers Rooms

I have gone through several site and stores to figure out efficient storage idea for my sons room. The problem is, I don't want to put his toys away in drawers or boxes which may never be opened, neither do I want to put them in bins where they will lay buried for centuries ( ok I know I am exaggerating, only one century!) .
So, after several rekkis and shopping sprees later I came up with a novel idea of using ' shoe racks' for his room !
I've bought three so far and they are working beautifully.These are available on the road side of any major market, Lajpat Nagar, GK etc etc and are affordable.They work great as they make the room look clean and tidy ( when things are on the racks, that is :)  and they also make it easier for his little hands to pick the toys he wants to play with.
Children love to be independent , and my son really enjoys the 'clean up' process of putting everything back, because it is so easy!
I am planning to paint these in several colors to make them more baby room friendly- or welcome any other ideas of beautifying !?

The best part of it all -they will make great shoe racks for when I don't need them for his toys!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Your idea looks interesting !
    I am too curious and wanna look at the snap of the room how it actually looks !
    Can you upload one here ?

    Thank you,
    Pratik

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pratik,

      I've uploaded a picture of my sons room to see the idea in action :)

      Delete